Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Harry Potter, Les Mis, What More Could a Theatre Nerd Ask for?

May 26, 2010

      As always, started the day off with proper schooling. Then, we explored the Kings Cross area as we heard word of Harry Potter filming. Turns out, the myth was truth! We caught them filming on Platform 9 3/4 and saw all of the extras and the good ol' Hogwarts Express. We, of course, were too excited for words. Had a lovely lunch at a "gastro-pub", which is a pub with a nice restaurant counter-part. Very trendy here. Then I met up with my cousin Cara to stroll around Hamstead Heath. Such a stunning view of the entirety of London from a perfectly green spot. We then went to her favorite cafe and had a delectable pecan pie. Sweet tooths run in the family apparently. I met up with everyone in Chelsea at the coolest Italian restaurant. The tables are literally stacked on top of one another. The waitress climbs ladders to take your order. Then we headed to the theatre district to see Les Miserables. What an amazing, amazing show. It absolutely took my breath away. The cast, their performances, the set, the music, it all was absolutely perfect. We haven't stopped singing "On My Own" since. I was literally crying out loud from beginning until end. The poor people around me didn't know they were sitting next to such a theatre nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment